Necro endless mana in enemy keeps

Started 17 Nov 2020
by s3b
in Open Issues

Issue Timeline

s3b created this issue Tue 17 Nov 2020 12:06 PM
Uthred reviewed this issue Mon 14 Dec 2020 9:03 AM
Uthred changed the status of this issue from new to backlog Mon 14 Dec 2020 9:03 AM
Tue 17 Nov 2020 12:06 PM by s3b
I stumbled upon a possible bug in a hibernian keep yesterday. The outer doors were down and we were in front of the inner doors. After targeting the keep (con green) I could use the mana drain spell on the keep. My pet could attack the point in melee, too - it's located in front of the inner doors in the courtyard. I tested around a bit and found out that one mana drain could fill my whole mana bar. That can't be intended, right?
Tue 17 Nov 2020 10:56 PM by Astaa
You can also shoot a keep with arrows, which is very annoying, critical miss

I don't really think it's necessary to be able to target keeps at all, is it a throwback to when the walls could be damaged and knocked down?
Wed 18 Nov 2020 12:25 AM by Forlornhope
Astaa wrote:
Tue 17 Nov 2020 10:56 PM

I don't really think it's necessary to be able to target keeps at all, is it a throwback to when the walls could be damaged and knocked down?

I think technically not being able to knock keeps down is the throw-back. But yeah, I think you were able to start knocking down/targeting keep walls when NF was released. When they updated to NF on this server they just left out the knocking down walls part but you can still target 'em.
Hib: Imadoctor//Hypospray//Batleth

Alb: Redshirts//Philipjfry//Shieldsup

Mid: Aielman//Mahstuls//Smallsoldier
Thu 11 Feb 2021 3:32 PM by joshisanonymous
Astaa wrote:
Tue 17 Nov 2020 10:56 PM

Targeting the keep is also the only way to check its level, but I agree, it's annoying.
*Current Lives*
(Phoenix) Kroll/SM
*Past Lives*
(MLF) Levlin/Rang > (Bors) Kleib/RM > (Kay) Traep/Minst > (Lancelot Cluster) Chasis/Sav > (Ywain) Finnegin/Ment > (Uthgard) Mordigg/BD
Thu 11 Feb 2021 6:58 PM by ExcretusMaximus
joshisanonymous wrote:
Thu 11 Feb 2021 3:32 PM
Targeting the keep is also the only way to check its level, but I agree, it's annoying.

Keeps and towers are always green here, regardless of level, because the keeps themselves don't level up like they did on live; the only way to gauge the keep or tower level is the guards.
7,881,878 | 4,708,489 | 3,049,781

Return to Open Issues or the latest topics